Think your dog has what it takes to be a model? Dog models wanted in Southern California!
Your dog could appear in advertising, packaging and marketing for brands like:
- The Honest Kitchen
- Kriser’s Natural Pet
- Embrace Pet Insurance
- Pet Naturals
- Dog Magazines
- Pet-friendly hotels
These are all brands we’ve shot for.
Areas we source models from:
- San Diego, CA
- Orange County, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Venice, CA
- Santa Monica, CA
***Please read the FAQ page for detailed information on each shoot type, and what dog modeling entails, BEFORE submitting the form below.***
Curious to know what’s required of our dog models? This is what we look for in our dog model submissions:
Generally we look for dogs who have had some formal training, and are generally obedient and listen well to basic commands like sit, stay, come, down, etc. Sit and stay are the most important commands.
For many (but not all) projects, ideally we like to see a ‘stay’ for a minimum of 3-4 seconds.
Additional obedience commands that are nice for us to have but that aren’t required for most projects:
- Down/lay down
- Hold (hold a leash or other object in mouth)
- Paw over face
- Hug (hug a person or other animal)
- ‘Play dead’ or ‘sleep’ (lay down and close eyes)
HEALTH & AGE:
Age-wise we accept submissions for dogs from eight weeks of age through senior.
Our clients look for healthy-looking dogs. Healthy skin, eyes, fur, teeth, etc.
This means that we generally can’t work with dogs that are:
- overweight or obese (is your dog a healthy weight?)
- have (noticeably) missing fur
- have major scars
- have severe cataracts (mild-moderate cataracts in senior dogs is fine)
- (noticeably) rotting or missing teeth
Any breed can be submitted (yes, even all of the bully breeds!), and we welcome (and need!) mixed breeds!
We have a frequent need for:
- Golden Retrievers (America’s dog!)
- Jack Russel Terriers
- xl/giant breeds like Great Danes, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Sheepdogs, etc.
- Border Collies and Australian Shepherds
- Labrador Retrievers
- The quintessential scruffy mutt, like the little guy seen in the top left in the photo above.
We look for social, friendly dogs who are great with people AND other dogs, and comfortable in new environments, and totally fine with a camera being close to their face.
Is your dog a show dog? If yes, we would love to work with you! (Please share this form with your show dog circuit!).
If you aren’t sure if your dog qualifies, please submit them anyway!
Also, our criteria for our personal projects are far less strict, so you never know what shoot your dog could be the star of!
Best wishes and we hope to work with you!
**Please submit a new form for each dog, as each form submission automatically creates a new dog model post that we can send to clients**. (Contact information is excluded from the post).