About commercial animal photographer Jamie Piper ‘Cowbelly’
Hey there! I’m Jamie Piper. I’m a commercial animal photographer (dogs and cats mostly) who shoots for editorial and commercial clients. I create modern, authentic, engaging images that help my clients get away from that ‘stock-y’ look.
I work with pet insurance companies, pet pharma companies, pet product companies, pet industry magazines, and lots of dog food companies. And treats. Pet food and treats are kind of my thing.
I’m based in San Diego CA, but have done commissioned photo shoots in 18 different cities around the U.S., and am always happy to travel for assignments. (I can work in Seattle and L.A. as a local). I can make pretty photos just about anywhere.
For a lot more photos and more information on what I do and for whom, click through to my website.
A few quick facts about me.
• shoots for commercial and editorial clients
• 2003: year that Cowbelly was established
• Cowbelly: nickname for an old client’s American Staffordshire Bullterrier
• 15 total years of experience in animal + lifestyle photography
• San Diego based, Seattle bred, with a stop in San Francisco in between
• published author: Beautiful Beasties, a Creative Guide to Modern Pet Photography. (Wiley press)
• road tripper (longest was 8 months /18,000 miles)
• née Pflughoeft (changed to Piper in 2016)
• iphoneographer with 27 iphone photo apps
• favorite person is my lab-mix Fergie
• sunny beaches are my happy place
• craft beer + gummy candy lover
• huge TWD fan (ask me about my tour of Woodbury!)
• life keywords: love + joy
Get in touch, I’d love to work with you!