I hate you guys, I really do.
No, I really don’t, I love you guys! I just figured that first line would get your attention and make you read this. Did it work? Ha ha ha. 😉
Ok, so I love you guys, but I’m having a hard time keeping track of you all. And sometimes you exasperate me. It’s totally not your fault. I just have way too many information channels out there, and not all of you follow all of them.
In case you didn’t know, there have been a lot of additions and changes the past few weeks over here, and, although I am trying my little heart out to reach all of you with these additions and changes, I keep discovering that there are many of you who keep slipping through the cracks.And the bad part about this is, when you guys do stumble on the new stuff you go “oh wow, this is so cool! I wish I had seen this earlier!”. I’m really trying to help you here, I really am. A good 50% of my business is spent doing work for little ol you. 🙂
So I’m going to break everything down for you in a very simple way in this post, so that you have all of the info you need.
This year I have deliberately and strategically separated the ‘for photographers’ side of my business out from the rest of it. Now ALL ‘for photographers’ stuff exists under the umbrella of ‘Beautiful Beasties’.
Didja know I built an entire website and blog just for you? Beautiful Beasties Educational Pet Photography Resources.
If you are a photographer, you will be involved with my business on the Beautiful Beasties side; if you are a client, a fan or general pet owner, you will continue to interact with me under the Cowbelly Pet Photography umbrella.
It’s still little old me running it all, although the goal is to hire someone to help me with the Beautiful Beasties side, so I can give Cowbelly more of my time. TBD.
Ok, so- photographers. Here is what you need to do:
1. Sign up for the Beautiful Beasties mailing list. This is the ONLY way I am emailing photographers about things like workshop news and announcements, opportunities for photographers, contests, and Beautiful Beasties Network stuff.
2. Get yourself over to the new Beautiful Beasties blog, and in the sidebar, type your email in the left sidebar where it says ‘subscribe by email’ to get blog posts sent to your email address.
3. ‘Like’ the new Beautiful Beasties Facebook page, and tell all your friends about it. I’m no longer posting any news ‘for photographers’ on the Cowbelly Facebook wall (ok, maybe just another week or so), so if you find yourself wondering what happened to all of those helpful FB posts, you’ll know why- they are over on the new Beautiful Beasties FB wall.
I’ll be holding a RAD contest to win some RAD prizes soon, so you’ll want to follow the page so you don’t miss it.
4. Sign up for the Beautiful Beasties Network here. It doesn’t matter anymore if you shoot other things along with pets, you can still qualify. It’s now $25 annually, which is a small price to pay. In the future I’ll probably raise it to $500 per person so I can retire in Fiji. Kidding. (sort of). Oh, and tell all your friends. Please.
5. Buy my new book: Beautiful Beasties: A Creative Guide to Modern Pet Photography. At $16 of $17 or whatever it is right now, it’s an absolute bargain, considering it took me around 800 hours to write. You’re welcome. I did it for you. ::cheesy grin:: Looked through the final PDFs again today and found myself engrossed in reading it. And I wrote it! HA!
6. Buy one of my new PDF guides. Didja know I wrote a: Simple Pet Photography Price list, a Comprehensive Pricing & Sales Guide, or a Comprehensive Marketing Guide? Nope, no you didn’t. Well now you do! Yay! 🙂
And you can read a lot more about the differences between the guides and the information in my new book in this blog post. You can totally wait until the book comes out and you get it and read it. I won’t hold it against you. But I promise you the information contained in the guides should help your business tremendously. If not I offer a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee.
Photographers anywhere in the world can purchase the guides, so if you have always wanted to learn from me, but you are too far away to attend a workshop, this is your first opportunity! 🙂
Ok, that’s all you need to do!
And since I learned that nobody reads blog posts pulled into Facebook if there isn’t a photo attached, here is a photo of a handsome dog named Cooper.
Thanks photographers! 🙂