1. You grow complacent to the dog hairs floating around on your sensor.
2. You see a beautiful photo like THIS,
and immediate think “MAN I wanna photograph those llamas”
(That shot is from the Transworld Expedition. You should follow him.)
3. You know the biggest risk to your equipment isn’t fire, flood, lawsuits, or theft, it’s something called “pug spray”.
4. With your pets draped adorably over you in bed, you spend an hour brainstorming how you can sneak out and grab your camera without them moving
5. You don’t give a second thought to coming home from a shoot with poop, pee, dirt, grass, dog hair, saliva and mucous on your person.
6. You choose your next furry family member with with how photogenic they are as a top criteria, whether you admit it or not.
7. You find it perfectly normal and acceptable to make bizarre noises with your mouth/throat at non-humans in totally public places.
8. You’d pick photographing the ‘world’s ugliest dog’ over the ‘world’s most beautiful human’ any day of the week.
9. You have a secret dream to photograph every dog/cat/rat/rabbit/ferret/horse/guinea pig in the world.
10. You find it impossible to meet a new dog or cat without wondering what they would look like as a JPEG.