the power of lightroom (and photoshop)

most of the editing on this image was done in LR2, with the exception of some touch-up cloning and adjustment layer masks in PSCS3 to bring the catchlights in the eyes up. Otherwise, major cloning, color, cropping, contrast and everything else was all Lightroom, which is pretty impressive, because anyone who has tried to clone blue sky knows it’s nearly impossible. It’s pretty amazing what software can do.

bronco-bear-62-web

1. beth mchenry posted the following on August 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm.

oooh, I love the final edit! I didn’t know you could clone in LR2…off to check it out. I really get stuck in my ways sometimes hahaha! Great b&a.

2. Simon posted the following on August 16, 2009 at 12:52 am.

Wow you cloned the lead in LR? I would have done the eyes in LR and the lead in PS…good jiggling skills Ms P.

I’m loving this technique currently:

3. Rachel posted the following on August 16, 2009 at 9:15 pm.

Good job!!! Skies can be so hard, but this looks completely seamless. :o

4. Alexa posted the following on August 17, 2009 at 2:52 pm.

It is really amazing what software can do! I thought those were two different shots before I read the post. I like the first one much more for whatever reason though. I’m not sure why! Maybe because there are TWO cute pups instead of one? ;) :lol:

5. andrea posted the following on August 18, 2009 at 3:57 am.

oooo la la! such great work, and so cute!!

6. Cindy posted the following on August 28, 2009 at 3:47 pm.

Hi Jamie,
    Just perusing your blog. Wow!!! you are an inspiration. I’m trying to break into pet photography. I absolutely love dogs and have decided to add pets to my portfolio. I have a beautiful Golden Retriever whom I rescued in January from Rescue A Golden of Arizona. I’m helping them with their 2010 calendar and am photographing the Cover Dog…yay!! I’m so inspired by your work. May I ask what lenses you use?

7. Ericha posted the following on August 28, 2009 at 6:03 pm.

Wow, that’s amazing!! I’ve never used lightroom but now I’m intrigued. Great edit!