While I have been busy as a bee in my little Cowbelly workshop (my home office if you want to get technical), I have been tagged by my lovely web friends, not once but twice.
Melissa tagged me to share 5 little-known things about myself, and Kathy tagged me to share my top 25 favorite movies.
Starting in order: here are 5 things about me that you may not know:
1. When I was 17 I flew alone to Ketchikan Alaska to work in a fishing cannery. Among the things that happened were:
- I fell in love with a fisherman.
- Took a hike up a shale mountain in a lightning storm. (Ok, it was right before the storm happened, then we got the hell out of there).
- Slipped on an oily floor and hit my head on a steel door, resulting in a concussion.
- Developed pnemonia 10 days later. It was one of the darkest times in my life and I still believe I saw some scary spirits lurking around. Either that or I had gone completely mad.
- Still decided to stay for an extra month after everyone left, to help clean the cannery. In all my stay totaled 4 months.
2. I drive a green Subaru Outback that I bought on ebay.
3. I’m not a big fan of chocolate. Ok, I’ll eat it if you give it to me, otherwise I never buy it.
4. I have been cutting my own hair for over 5 years.
5. I can’t stand the smell of moth balls.
Now, the 25 movies. This is a toughie, but here goes. Probably in order of like, because my top favorites come to mind first.
- Sliding Doors
- Moulin Rouge
- The Professional
- Scent of a Woman
- Wizard of Oz
- The Usual Suspects
- Blood Diamond
- Night in the City
- The Butterfly Effect
- Austin Powers
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp)
- The Ring
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
- Oceans 11
- Black Hawk Down
- Best in Show
- Walk the Line
- What’s Eating Gilberty Grape
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Fifth Element
- Summer of Sam
- Bridget Jones Diary
- I’m Gonna Git You Sucka
I tend to like pretty intense movies, but I also greatly appreciate ridiculous humor a la Austin Powers or I’m Gonna Git You Sucka.
NOW, since this tag game is getting a little bit confusing about who tagged who and with what, I am going to change things up a little.
I will tag the appropriate number of people, but with my own NEW tag.
My NEW tag is:
“if you could spend 30 days in one location (and only one location) anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go and why?”
I think we’d all like to be someplace else at this time of the year and (hopefully) it’s a simple question for us busy folk to answer.
My answer? Fiji. On the beach. With froofie drink in hand. But I’d wait until the weather improves a little. According to weather underground it’s hot but cloudy there right now. Why would I got to Fiji? Need you ask? Ok, since you did: being an A-type personality, I very rarely give my body and soul the opportunity to truly relax, and after the madness of the holidays this is what I need the very most. I feel that laying on a beach, soaking in the sun, doing absolutely nothing for 30 days would fit this bill nicely.
Here are the people I am tagging:
If I tagged you above, the rules are that you put a post on your blog answering the last (travel) question, then tag 5 other people to do the same by leaving a comment on their blog with a link back to yours.
Now, if you are reading this and I didn’t tag you, let me know where YOU would like to go!
Just leave it as a comment at the end of the post (just click on where it says ‘3 [or whatever number] comments’, all the way at the very bottom of this post under labels, and leave your answer. Be sure to say where you are presently so we have a basis for comparison.
Cmon, everyone join in! I really want to know where everyone would go and why. You can even post anonymously if you don’t have a blog account!
I will then post everyone’s answers as a new post after Christmas.